Sunday, September 11, 2016

Herringbone bathroom rug!

I am back to blogging! I have been super busy with PA school and my etsy store. I even learned how to crochet recently! As a fellow knitter/crocheter, I am always looking for free patterns and I am committed to posting patterns on my blog that are free and can be used by anyone! 

My sister recently moved into a new apartment and was looking for a bath mat. She wanted a simple white rug. A few weeks ago, I made my grandma a hanging dishtowel with 100% cotton yarn so I knew that is what I needed for this rug! The measurements my sister wanted was 30 inches long x 18 inches wide so that is what I used for my starting chain.

I used Bernat Handicrafter yarn. It is a worsted weight yarn that is 100% cotton, which is what you would want in a bathroom. The cotton yarn is super absorbable and great for the bathroom, kitchen, etc!

Bernat Handicrafter yarn - Amazon has the 1.7 oz as shown as well as a 14 oz option!

For the measurements I needed, I purchased 8 skeins of yarn. I chose to hold the yarn doubled to make the rug thicker for the bathroom. I used a size L (8.00 mm) hook for this project!

For this rug, I used the HHDC (herringbone half double crochet) stitch. At the end of each row, I turned my work and chained 2 before beginning the next row.



I kept going until I reached 18 inches. I used almost all 8 skeins of yarn! I love the simple look of this stitch!




I love the finished product! Looks great in the bathroom and soaks up all of the water when you get out of the shower!
Happy crocheting! 
- Jessica :) 

www.etsy.com/shop/JGRoseKnits

Jessica G is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment